We’re passionate about several things at the Bolt, but we are especially passionate about great food, produce and cooking. The Food Lovers Experience will be run all year round working with locally sourced produce from all the different seasons of the year. Guests will be immersed in all thing’s food from the beginning to the end of the experience, learning new recipes, cooking techniques, visiting some of our very favourite local producers and most important of all eating beautiful food. Guests can also expect masterclasses from some of our local food heroes, learning to cook different styles of food, and try new things. Participants will be staying in Daylesford Victoria, where the Bolt will welcome them as guests to one of our beautifully appointed properties.
The experience includes the following (subject to change depending on the time of year). Please note there are not any out-of-pocket expenses.
- 3 nights of luxurious accommodation at our Daylesford property (see details below)
- Social connection with other NDIS participants who also enjoy culinary delights
- Visits to local food heroes to discover where the Bolt produce is sourced, and insight into how it is made/grown/cultivated.
- Masterclasses on how to cook/bake certain dishes based on seasonal produce.
- Dinner at one of Daylesford’s beautiful restaurants where they will sample how the professionals do it. Guests may even get a tour of the kitchen
- High quality and delicious meals and snacks made with organic local produce including an extra special dinner on the last night.
- Activities in and around Daylesford when guests are taking a break from cooking, eating, or learning about produce.
Daylesford, Victoria, and surrounding areas.
NDIS participants who enjoy cooking and trying new things when it comes to food. No culinary experience necessary, just a have a go attitude. Guests who are seeking social connection or are looking to improve their independence will benefit from this experience.
The Bolt can provide pick up and drop off and transport through the experience.
Guests will be staying at one of our beautifully appointed properties in Daylesford, Victoria. Guests can expect their own large double bedroom, with a king-sized bed and luxurious bedding.
Day 1 – Welcome lunch followed by an afternoon of cake baking using seasonal produce. The cakes that will be baked will be dessert for a beautiful evening meal that guests will cook themselves, picking up new tips and tricks along the way.
Day 2 – A morning at one of our favourite local producers, Adsum Farm. These guys are seriously at the top of their game, and without doubt grow the best veggies. Guests will be treated to a tour of their market garden, will undertake a masterclass, and will finish off with a lunch using produce sourced by guests from the garden. To finish the day off, guests will be treated to dinner at one of Daylesford’s beautiful restaurants.
Day 3 – The final day is all about cooking up a banquet for our guests’ final dinner. We will curate and cook a three-course menu across the day, and we may even, dependent on the time of the year, go out and forage for some ingredients.
Day 4 – A final breakfast together, we might cook this one for our guests, before phone numbers and social handles are swapped and we drop our guests at home. Guests will arrive home with a goodie bag of delights to sample.
Register your interest
To register your interest click here
Give us a call or drop me an email – 0488999045 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Acknowledgement of Country
The Bolt acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the djandak (country) on which this experience takes place, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We pay our respects to their elders, past, present, and emerging.